Meadows Park Community Center is reintroducing several programs and services as public health restrictions ease. This includes before and after school, summer camps, adult exercise classes, summer meals, food distributions, special events and facility rentals that all support present health protocols and ordinances at the federal, state and county levels. Please check this website often for continued updates.
The following public health modifications are in place for all camps:
- Temperature and symptom checks of staff and youth
- Curbside drop-off/pick-up
- Limited group size and reduced overall camp size/registrations
- No group rotations (youth will stay within the same group throughout the summer program)
- Limited field trips (immediate local area only)
- Hand washing upon arrival and protocols throughout the day in alignment with regular water breaks
- Masks encouraged indoors but not required for youth; currently the City is requiring all staff to wear masks
- Physical distancing will be encouraged and practiced where possible
- Majority of the day will be spent outdoors, a single room within the Center will be made available for each group of no more than 10 youth and their leader(s).
- Daily sanitizing
Meadows Park is offering free summer meal service for youth age 18 and under. This service is pick-up and go only. From Monday-Thursday, lunch is available from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and snack from 3:30-4:30 p.m. On Thursdays, participants may pick up an extra meal to cover Friday. This program is in partnership with the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).