Submit your photos for a chance to win a $250 cash prize!
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Photo Expedition!
We are so excited to see our amazing Parks, Trails & Open Spaces through the eyes of your creativity!
How it Works
- Online – Fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Email - Submit the REGISTRATION FORM to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail/Drop – 1401 Recreation Way, Colorado Springs, CO 80905.
*A signed photo release and waiver are required for every participant. Online registrations will receive a copy via email once the registration form has been submitted. *
- Take a minimum of 32 photos based on the category breakdown below. Any submission not meeting the required photo breakdown will not be entered into the cash prize drawing.
- Look through the list of PHOTO PROMPTS. Each prompt can only be used once.
- This is where your creativity comes into play. Be as creative as you want, as long as the theme comes through in your photo.
- You will receive a link to a personalized folder where you can upload all your submissions. You can upload photos as you take them or all at once.
- Your photos MUST be named as follows: “Location – Last Name”
- Any photos received that are not names in this way will not count towards your final photo count.
- High quality photos are appreciated! Low quality or blurry photos may not be counted towards total photo numbers.
The drawing will be held December 1st, 2019.
Every contest has rules, so here are ours:
- Have fun and enjoy our parks! Follow the guidelines for ideas and show us your most interesting and creative shots!
- Photographers, crew, equipment and vehicles must remain on trails or designated areas at all times.
- PRCS staff will easily identify photos taken off-trail and such photos will be disqualified.
- Photographers, crew, equipment and vehicles may not disrupt or impede vehicle or pedestrian traffic at any time.
- Photographers and crew may not disturb birds or wildlife or their natural habitat within the park.
- We love dog photos, but all dogs must be on-leash or photographed in designated off leash areas.
- Aerial/Drone/Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) photography is prohibited and will not be accepted.
- All Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department rules and regulations apply
50% (Minimum of 16 photos)
Subject: NeighborhoodA geographic sub-area within the city that contains but is not limited to residential land uses. The extent of a neighborhood is variable and may be defined by tradition, organizational boundaries, period of building and development, or subdivision patterns. Neighborhood boundaries may include such features as major streets or other physical elements. Parks, Community Parks, Trails
- Neighborhood Parks: Bonforte, Mary Kyler, Panorama
- Community Parks: John Venezia, Memorial Park, Cottonwood Creek
- Trails: Shooks Run, Foothills, Greencrest, Briargate, Sand Creek, Rock Island
25% (Minimum of 8 photos)
Subject: Sports & Recreation Programs
- Community Center Programs
- Lanes and Open Water Activities
- Racquet Sports (tennis, pickleball, handball)
- Pools, Fountains, and Spraygrounds
- Sertich Ice Center
- Skate Parks & BMX Tracks
- Sports and Tournaments (softball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, football, kickball...)
- Therapeutic Recreation program
25% (Minimum of 8 photos)
Subject: Photographers Choice
- Regional Parks: Garden of the Gods, Ute Valley Park, Palmer Park, North Cheyenne Canon
- Open Spaces: Red Rock Canyon, Stratton, Blodgett Peak
- And: Pikes Peak - America's Mountain, Colorado Springs Pioneer's Museum, Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site, Manitou Incline